Even with the best daily skin care routine, supplementing daily care with non-invasive medically proven treatments such as chemical peels or skin peels can further support the skin’s natural rejuvenation process, with no downtime.
Skin Peels offer rejuvenating effects to address skin imperfections that come with natural aging and sun exposure. Your skin is prepared with a thorough cleansing, which is followed by application of one or more chemical solutions to specific areas of the skin to encourage skin rejuvenation. After treatment, moisturizer and sunscreen are applied. Peels help improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and uneven skin tone, while revealing softer skin. They can also help reduce the severity and appearance of acne conditions.
Our professional skin peels include:
- Lactic Acid Peel: One of the gentlest chemical peels is a lactic acid peel. Unlike a glycolic acid peel or a salicylic acid peel, a lactic acid peel is extra gentle and good for even the most sensitive skin.
- Citric Acid Peel: Derived from alpha hydroxy acids (AHA) found in citric fruits, this mild peel helps reduce fine lines and uneven pigmentation. It can also help control acne.
- Glycolic Acid Peel: Used for mild peeling treatments, glycolic acid is a naturally occurring AHA found in sugar cane. It improves fine lines, uneven pigmentation and acne.
- Salicylic Acid Peel: Effective in treating oily skin, clogged pores and seborrheic dermatitis. Salicylic acid peels work well for those who have sun damaged skin, dull and lifeless skin, sensitive skin, dry or dehydrated skin, and uneven skin tones.
- Vitalize Peel®: This light/medium–depth peel uses a special formulation of four agents: alpha–hydroxy acid, beta–hydroxy acid, resorcinol and retinoic acid. It’s used to decrease fine lines, restore even skin tones, and soften acne scarring.
- Illuminize Peel®: Helps provide vibrant, radiant looking skin with minimal downtime. It’s appropriate for mild skin imperfections to reveal a more uniform complexion and can be used on all skin types.
The trained staff at Skin Care Center of Southern Illinois can help you find the right medically proven treatments for the specific needs of your skin.
Contact us to schedule your consultation today.