Wrinkles are a natural part of the aging process. They occur most frequently in areas exposed to the sun, such as the face, neck, back of the hands, and forearms. Over time, skin gets thinner, drier, and less elastic. Ultimately, this causes wrinkles – either fine lines or deep furrows. In addition to sun exposure, premature aging of the skin is associated with smoking, heredity, and skin type (there’s a higher incidence among people with fair hair, blue eyes, and light skin).
Treatment for wrinkles runs the gamut from topical creams and moisturizers to cosmetic procedures. The most common wrinkle treatments are:
- BOTOX® or Xeomin®: By injecting very tiny amounts into a specific facial muscle, only the impulse of that muscle will be blocked, causing a local relaxation and weakness.
- Dermal Fillers: Lift and fill out the skin to create a smoother, more subtle appearance, which reduces wrinkles and helps reshape and enhance the face.
- Intense Pulsed Light Therapy (IPL): Unique laser system utilizes non-invasive technology to safely treat fine-line wrinkles, skin redness (rosacea), brown spots, and sun damage.
- Laser Genesis: Utilizes non-invasive laser technology to safely, discretely, and effectively treat fine line wrinkles, large pores, uneven skin texture, diffuse redness, and scars.
- Microneedling: Stimulates your skin’s natural ability to produce new collagen and elastin for healthier, younger-looking skin.
- Medically-Directed Skin Care Products
The best prevention for wrinkles is to keep the skin moisturized and use sunscreen and sunblock to prevent additional damage from the sun.
Contact us to schedule your consultation today.