SkinCeuticals Professional Chemical Peels
What is a Chemical Peel?
A chemical peel is a technique used to improve the appearance of the skin on the face, neck or hands. A chemical solution is applied to the skin that causes it to exfoliate and eventually peel off. The new, regenerated skin is usually smoother than the old skin.
What are the Benefits?
- It may lessen the appearance of epidermal lines.
- It may brighten the appearance of epidermal pigmentation
- It may eliminate dry skin.
- It may refine the appearance of pore size.
- It may make skin appear and feel smoother.
- It may soften the skin.
- It may control breakouts.
- It may reduce sebum production.
- It may improve skin texture.
What is the Time Frame for This Program and How Many Clinical Treatments Will I Need?
Results are enhanced when patients return every 2 to 4 weeks for a SkinCeuticals professional chemical peel. during the corrective stage of their program. In order for you to see a significant difference, four to six corrective treatments are essential to achieve desired and realistic results.
What Happens During the Peel?
- With a micropeel a removal of superficial skin (dermaplaning or pure enzyme) will be performed followed by an application of the chemical.
- With a micropeel plus the peel solution will take only a few minutes to apply. A stinging or a burning sensation is normal and will diminish within 3-5 minutes.
What Can I Expect?
- Almost no discomfort.
- Slight erythema or redness that lasts for a short time.
- You may or may not peel.
- You may or may not experience slight discomfort.
- This procedure does not stop the maturing process and may need to be repeated at regular intervals.
What Happens After the Peel?
You can return to work or social activities immediately after clinical procedures. You may apply makeup afterwards and a sunscreen is a must.
Contact us to schedule your consultation today.